If there’s one thing we’re certain of, it’s that London is one of the world’s most exciting cities. There is something for everyone with its eclectic mix of things to do and things to see! From parks with magnificent views, to themed tours and music festivals, London is so much more than an urban jungle. It’s got some hidden natural world gems too.
Aside from its world class indoor attractions, London and its surrounding county areas also have a variety of outdoor activities you can enjoy with your loved one. Whether you’re a nature lover, a tourist, or simply need a break from the daily grind, London’s parks, rivers, and outdoor activities are waiting for you.
So let’s take a look through these unique things to try. We have over 94 different options to choose from!
Table of Contents
The Most Romantic Streets and Tours in London
1. Go for a romantic stroll in London on Hackney’s Valentine Road. It’s one of the most love-filled streets in the city! While you’re there, enjoy a romantic dinner on Night Tales, a contemporary outdoor terrace + club space.
2. Bleeding Heart Yard is another of London’s most romantic streets, right? And it only gets better when you brunch outdoors at Bleeding Heart Bistro. Surprise your partner with its authentic french cuisine and happy vibes.
5. Sight-seeing London for the very first time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! If you want to make the most of London’s sights with your special someone, why not book a Big Bus Tour London? Simply choose the right day and time, and you can hop on and off at hundreds of bus stops across the capital. (Make sure you find an affordable range of prices ranging from 22.50 to 39.20 euros per person)
Enjoy the Most Beautiful Parks and Beaches in London
11. Go on a fun night out with your partner at Roller Nation, the capital’s home of rollerdisco! Laugh, cry, and probably fall down whilst skating to huge hits playing in the background. Then order some well-deserved roller dinner to settle your stomach.
14. Are you ready to get wet? Well, prepare yourselves for the best water balloon fight of your life at Finsbury Park. All you need is a bag of blow-up balloons, a gallon of water, and a big kid lurking inside of you.
16. Fitness fanatics can discover amazing landscapes while relieving some stress through one of London’s best running routes. 5km from Regent’s Park to Primrose Hill provides safe roads, pretty sights, and about half an hour for you to really get to know each other.
18. BBQ dates are a tried-and-true method of spending quality time with a loved one, and we found the perfect grilling spot in London: Burgess Park, Southwark. It’s a 138-acre park with public BBQ grills so you can get some tasty snacks sizzling and boast about your barbequing skills.
19. There are plenty of left-field choices you can make for your outdoor date in London. Like exploring Richmond Park while riding horseback on a majestic stallion. It’s an adrenaline-filled date, especially for those who’ve never ridden a horse before. Be brave and give it a go if you’re both game!
21. Go seashell collecting with your loved one during a beautiful day beach trip to Camber Sands, East Sussex. A sunny day frolicking in the sand is the perfect environment for getting to know each other a little better.
22. You can even venture a little further south by wandering down the pier at Brighton Beach. The sights, sounds and smells of a classic British seaside town makes for an unforgettable day. A spot of fresh air away from London’s city haze might do you good too.
23. The Pergola is a London getaway for reconnecting with nature. Getting away from the city bubble is needed sometimes. The Pergola is a beautiful hidden garden with cute coffee shops to sip on something hot and frothy. There’s plenty of magnificent historical architecture to admire too.
Discover Natural Wonders and Wildlife in London
24. Want to take in some fresh crisp air and the aroma of lavender flowers? How romantic, right? Well, head over to Mayfield Lavender Farm for a tractor ride and a fantastic alfresco snack. Best of all, it’s barely 15 miles from central London! (For a quetier, more relaxed experience, we recommend visiting on a weekday.)
27. Get closer to both nature and your lover with an exciting camping trip to WaterWorks Centre Campsite. It’s just minutes away from Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and offers a variety of stay-over options, including up-market glamping teepees and standard pre-pitched tents for a slightly muddier, more authentic experience. Alternatively you can bring your own.
29. Primrose Hill has the perfect cityscape views of London’s central skyscrapers. You’ll create sweet memories by sharing a cozy afternoon picnic and people-watching the bustling crowds of fellow picnickers wandering by.
30. Wicken Fen in Cambridgeshire’s county is the perfect star-gazing spot. As for the skies, they are completely free of pollution and there’s absolute silence at night too. You might even see barn owls and muntjac deer if you’re lucky.
32. If you want to get outside of London, try traveling back in time on this day trip to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and the historic town of Bath. It’s 11 fantastic hours of first-class coach travel and a guided exploration of the country’s best tourist hotspots. All admission fees are included.
33. Kentish Town is the oldest city farm in all of London, with almost 50 years of history hidden inside its wooden fences. It’s the perfect spot for reconnecting with nature and petting the farm’s cutest hairy residents. Take a breather from the strains of urban life (if you can handle the smell).
34. Do you know your partner’s favourite animal? You definitely should by now. It’s a staple first date question, right? Stop off at ZSL London Zoo to see the wonders of the animal kingdom. You simply can’t beat a date to the zoo.
35. Parkside Farm is a family-owned farm and is one of the best places to go fruit picking in North London (yes they allow you to!). You’ll find rows upon rows of delicious fresh fruits to get your mouth watering! (Please note pre-booking is required.)
36. Ockley is well known for its lush greenery and variety of fun outdoor activities to try out, particularly hiking at Leith Hill. This place is full of both history and wildlife, so visit with a curious mind and some comfy walking boots.
37. Venture just outside of London for the internationally-renowned Walthamstow Wetlands, a nature reserve just 15 minutes away from the city centre. Who would have thought it? Its 211 acres of protected wetlands is a haven for wildlife, offering various beauty spots along the way for a few cute selfies.
38. Have brunch surrounded by swans and ducks at Old Ford Lock and Bow Wharf. This is a perfect date spot for enjoying a sweet, romantic picnic. Just beware of the brave and hungry birds eying up your sausage rolls.
Swimming and Boating Date Ideas in London
40. What’s better than an open-air cinema date with someone you want to snuggle up with? Well, imagine that special someone is your pet! Yep, that’s right: Regent’s Canal open-air cinema event is dog-friendly. You might need a slightly bigger budget, though (£200 for the full rental experience). But it’s definitely worth it for this one of a kind experience!
41. Treat yourselves to a relaxing once-in-a-lifetime experience together with Skuna. It’s the World’s First Hot Tub Boat Experience that takes you on a floating cruise down the Thames…in a heated water tub!
42. Botany Bay is a popular secret beach for one main reason: Its waves! You can learn to surf at Kent Surf School or simply look on as your date tries it out. Prices are cheap too (starting on £10 each).
46. Or you can book a spot at the natural pools of West Reservoir, N4. Hire a wetsuit and take to the waters. Then sip on a post-dip coffee while watching the sunset together.
47. Be part of the waterside community at St. Katharine Docks by watching the vessels navigate the marina. It’s a picturesque location, home to cafes, boutiques and plenty of and quayside dining. It’s pretty much got everything you need for a cute afternoon mooching around.
48. Taking a ride on the cutting-edge Thames Rockets is the dose of adrenaline your date might need. It’s a #1 speed boat experience you’ll want to relive over and over. Warning: don’t bother doing your hair. You’ll be getting wet and windswept!
Outdoor Festivals and Concerts in London
50. Be charmed by the beautiful lights of Luna Park. You’ll find all the classic fairground attractions too, from the walters to the dodgems. Take on the white-nuckle rides if you’re brave enough and finish off the night with some candy floss!
53. The Whitstable Oyster Festival 2021 on the south-east coast of Kent takes just an hour or two to get to. It’s an absolute must for oyster-lovers. Eat them fresh, surrounded by local musicians and happy seaside vibes. The craft beer you find in Whitstable’s selection of local boozers is pretty good too.
Romantic Outdoor Restaurants and Cafes in London
55. If you’re looking for delicious food, good drinks and an amazing outdoor rooftop to see London’s city, The Culpeper Rooftop is waiting for you. Book a table and enjoy a few romantic moments with your lover.
56. Visit Vermuteria, a secret outdoor pub with tasty, creative food and drinks options inspired by the origins of Vermouth distilling. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so choose the best of day time that suits you most.
58. Isn’t it about time you make a reservation at The Dorchester Grill? It’s a super popular alfresco dining restaurant with regular live music and hot water bottles/blankets for when the sun goes down.
59. When it comes to beautiful restaurants with a fantastic terrace view, we simply couldn’t leave Barge East Gardens Terrace: one of East London’s major outdoor dining areas. Now’s the time to make a reservation and enjoy this alfresco experience offering a gorgeous seasonal menu of local, fresh ingredients.
60. Located in the heart of South Kensington, Number Sixteen is one of London’s most beautiful private gardens. Stop off for afternoon tea featuring scones, finger sandwiches, and a glass of champagne!
Wander London’s Best Locations for Outdoor Sports
61. Show off your batting skills in a baseball for beginners coaching session. Score a home-run or at least have fun learning along the way. There’s nothing wrong with a spot of healthy competition between two lovers!
62. Visit Stamford Bridge, the home of one of London’s top football teams, Chelsea F.C (Arsenal fans look away!) Book two seats and soak up the buzzing atmosphere. Of course there’s other football stadiums available. It’s all down to personal preference, right?
63. London is the home to the oldest tennis tournament in the world. Make sure you book a Wimbledon ticket next season. A fruity glass of Pimms and a bowl of strawberries and cream are an absolute must!
64. Why not get out of the city for your next weekend getaway? Rock climbing at Harrison’s Rocks is one of the most adventurous activities you can do as a couple. Get your adrenaline pumping but enjoy at your own pace!
65. A workout with a little sunshine and fresh air is a winning combination, so why not visit Adizone Outdoor Gym together? It’s an 11-station gym that hosts different activities every month, so head over if you’re both gym-junkies!
66. Go Kayaking with the pros and take a unique tour of London’s outskirts by water. The friendly and experienced London Kayak Company team will guide you through the channels of the River Thames, so rest assured you’ll feel safe and secure. It’s the best mix of adventure and history!
68. Another incredible rock climbing venue is The Castle Climbing Centre located in Stoke Newington. Here you can strengthen the bond between you, whether you’re new to climbing or you’ve had some experience before. It’s open seven days a week so you can visit whenever it suits you both.
70. If both want to act like big kids for the day, Go Ape can take it to the next level! You’ll find aerial obstacle courses of climbing ropes, swings, and ziplines. So prepare to get your adrenaline pumping and overcome your fears. It’s a huge playground in the sky!
71. How many watersports have you tried before? At Wakeup Docklands you’ll want to do them all, including wakeboarding and paddleboarding. Located just outside of London, this place is perfect for reconnecting with your lover.
72. A new water adventure awaits at Active 360 Paddle Boarding! Whether you’re a paddleboarding expert or a hesitant beginner, they invite you to take to the water and learn the new skill. If you’re lucky, you might spot some cute and curious seals swimming alongside you.
Uncommon Outdoor Adventures in London
73. Let your imagination run wild with a painting session at The Castle in Farringdon. It’s a perfect date idea for creative souls. You’ll receive guidance from a talented painter and enjoy a free round of drinks!
75. A paintball might not be an obvious choice for a romantic date, but boy is it fun! Play freely inside Go Paintball’s 50 acres of themed battlefields. It’s one of the most thrilling and immersive paintball venues in the country. Rifles at the ready, lovers!
78. Are you ready for a new type of immersive adventure? Are you a fan of 90s game shows? Well, a fun-packed crystal maze date is the perfect idea for you both, right? Take on its selection of exciting and tricksy challenges to see who’s the smartest.
79. Get to know new people and give back to the community by volunteering. There’s a whole range of volunteering opportunities available across the capital, including health and social care, aid and emergency assistance, or even volunteering with animals. Have a date that truly makes a difference!
80. Couples that laugh together, stay together, right? Well, you can enjoy one of the capital’s best outdoor comedy shows at London Wonderground. Here you’ll find a huge variety of shows and events, so take a look at their upcoming dates and schedules.
81. Share a cute afternoon outside London together by browsing the rails of Beyond Retro Brick Lane Vintage Shop. Here you’ll find hand-picked vintage clothing, including branded sportswear, dresses, t-shirts, jeans, accessories and so much more. This is definitely a great idea for London’s fashionistas.
82. Have a tasty brunch with even tastier wine at Bolney Wine Estate, located just a few miles outside the capital. Take a romantic stroll through the vineyards and finish off the date with dessert and a coffee. Or even better: a nice glass of vino! They offer plenty of Bolney Estate samplings too.
91. Mark your November calendar! And keep your eyes peeled for a spectacular Fireworks Night at Victoria Park. It’s free admission but we recommend arriving before 7pm to get a good spot. Oh and don’t forget to bring a flask of something hot or something strong.